HEADS DOWN

Andrey Chernov ache at FreeBSD.org
Fri May 11 00:35:01 UTC 2007

On Thu, May 10, 2007 at 06:58:45PM -0500, Sean C. Farley wrote:
>  Would there be any other changes anybody can see need to be made?  What
>  type of testing would be desired?  The regression tests I wrote provide
>  a good basic test.

I worry about this sort of things
errx(EXIT_FAILURE, "environ corrupt");

There is no mention anywhere that *env() functions can exit the program.
Moreover some programs in theory can temprorarily put incorrect values
into environment via putenv() after-modification or direct environ
assignments for their own reasons.

I suggest to change errx() to warnx()+return(failure).

--
http://ache.pp.ru/