patch: acpi usermode suspend API change

Andriy Gapon avg at icyb.net.ua
Fri Jun 22 08:58:53 UTC 2007

on 22/06/2007 02:33 Ariff Abdullah said the following:
> Same issue with sound devices as well, but I've managed to solve it by
> implementing own clone manager which require tiny hook into open() and
> close() along with garbage collector and ability to handle various
> abusive behaviour (while : ; ls /dev/xxx ; done, etc). See
> sys/dev/sound/clone.* . It should be generic enough.

Maybe I'll say something stupid - I haven't looked at any code nor I
have any patches of my own, but wouldn't it be possible to manage cloned
devices similarly to how file descriptors are managed ? That is, don't
leave unused devices behind, re-use lowest available device id, etc.
I think that this would be a right thing.

--
Andriy Gapon