request: state of the art of jails

Bjoern A. Zeeb bzeeb-lists at lists.zabbadoz.net
Tue Jun 19 10:03:36 UTC 2007

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Mark Linimon wrote:

Hi,

> I have a customer who is interested in expanding jails to include
> multiple IP addresses.  Since from my reading the Network Virtualization
> work isn't imminent, I'm looking to see who else has worked on this (and
> jails in general).  There is an extant patch in kern/69064 which I'm
> looking at but would need refinement.  Are there others?

I have an almost HEAD version based on what pjd did some years ago.
Have been running it on multiple RELENG_6 machines in production.

It might need slight modifications for HEAD after rwatsons recent
commits but I'll do that anyway the next days.

Apart from that I've been told that andre was working on a thing that
is somewhere is the middle between marco's vnet/vimage work and the
multi-ip-jail patch.

Last but not least there was a SoC project I think and there are
"parallel" patches out there with a partly different featureset
(resource limits, etc.) but I haven't looked at them in detail.

/bz

--
Bjoern A. Zeeb                                 bzeeb at Zabbadoz dot NeT
Software is harder than hardware  so better get it right the first time.