*at family of syscalls in FreeBSD

Roman Divacky rdivacky at FreeBSD.org
Thu Jun 7 07:04:59 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 10:38:03AM -0700, Doug Barton wrote:
> Roman Divacky wrote:
>
> > my current patch is at: www.vlakno.cz/~rdivacky/linux_at.patch
> >
> > it does not implement the native fbsd syscalls, only the linuxulator ones
> > but adding those is a matter of minutes. I asked for a review by pjd and/or
> > rwatson and hopefully this will get commited soon..
>
> My recollection of the last round of discussion was that you were
> asked to implement these in our base, then wrap the linux versions. If
> it's trivial to implement, it should probably be done that way first.

well.. my implementation does exactly that :) I changed namei() routine to
check ni_startdir for possible startdir other then CWD and made the kern_fooat()
use it. the change is mostly self-contained (minus prototypes in sys/sys/syscallsubr.h)
in vfs_syscalls. with a very slight change (5 lines?) to vfs_lookup.c + namei.h

its quite simple. I cant comment the Isilon's version. My patch (the approach) has been
OKed by rwatson@ and pjd at . I'd really love to see this go to -current before RELENG_7
so time is rushing.

can someone from Isilon comment their version so we can compare benefits etc.?

roman