Fine grain select locking.

Jeff Roberson jroberson at chesapeake.net
Wed Jul 4 01:16:08 UTC 2007

Here is an update that avoids the malloc per fd when there are no
collisions.  This unfortunately adds 64bytes to every socket in the
system.  This is less than 10% of the size of the socket.  Vnodes only
allocate their selinfo structures on demand so this does not cause a
per-file overhead.  This was suggested by Peter.   This patch also uses a
vm zone for the selfd structures.  I can shrink them slightly by using a
SLIST in one case vs TAILQ as well.

http://people.freebsd.org/~jeff/select2.diff

Thanks,
Jeff