Testers wanted: Gvinum patches of SoC 2007 work

Ulf Lilleengen lulf at stud.ntnu.no
Mon Aug 13 21:21:17 UTC 2007

On man, aug 13, 2007 at 10:40:35 +0200, Ulf Lilleengen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> It's here! The new and hopefully better gvinum patch. This is perhaps my final
> patch of the work I've done during GSoC 2007 (the patch will be updated when I
> fix a bug). This doesn't mean I'll stop work on gvinum, but rather that I'm not
> adding more features until this gets into the tree. But, for this to get into
> the tree, I need people to test it. _ALL_ reports on how it works is good.

*SNIP*

Ehm,

And ofcourse, the patches can be found here:
http://folk.ntnu.no/lulf/patches/freebsd/gvinum

One for releng_6* and one for current.

The patch is applied like this:
# cd /usr/src && patch < /path/to/patch

Remember to not have the old gvinum module running.

Then install the module:
# cd /usr/src/sys/modules/geom/geom_vinum && make && make install clean

Then install userland gvinum
# cd /usr/src/sbin/gvinum && make && make install clean

And you should be ready to go. The updated manpage in
/usr/src/sbin/gvinum/gvinum.8 describes how growing is done. Just gzip it and
put it in /usr/share/man/man8 to use it.

--
Ulf Lilleengen