Compiling kernel and userland with Intel C Compiler

Amar Takhar verm at darkbeer.org
Wed Sep 27 15:27:28 PDT 2006

On 2006-09-27 10:17 +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> Quoting Ivo Vachkov <ivo.vachkov at gmail.com> (from Wed, 27 Sep 2006
> 10:14:34 +0300):
>
> >And what abot TenDRA compiler ???
>
> AFAIK nobody is working on it. Feel free to do the work. It's more
> easy now, you just have to have a look at cdefs.h and add tendra in
> some places. You don't have to search the source for all the #ifdef
> gcc stuff anymore. Then you just have to augment the bsd.*.mk with the
> right compiler switches if they differ from gcc.

Oh, we're working on it (http://www.ten15.org/) things have slown down the last
couple of years. (we started 4 years ago)  Our future goal is still being the
base compiler for *BSD.

If anyone is interested in helping feel free to drop me a line there's plenty of
work to do.

At some point -- hopefully soon(ish) (note: probably months but with our
current manpower) we'll be releasing TenDRA 5.0.0 which has a lot of structural
changes put in place to make things easier for meeting our goal.  I'm sure that
will peak a lot of interest with us being so busy  in Real Life progress is slow
but it's happening.

Amar.