Compiling kernel and userland with Intel C Compiler

Wed Sep 27 01:15:59 PDT 2006

Quoting Rafael Faria <rafaelhfaria at gmail.com> (from Tue, 26 Sep 2006
17:04:33 -0300):

> How is going on the port of ICC to build native freebsd binaries?

Porting the 9.x version of icc is on my TODO list since ... uhm,
years. IT didn't managed to get a higher priority than other items on
my list.

> Is kernel, and userland compiling successfully with icc ?

The kernel _was_ compilable with icc 8.x. I don't know about the
current status. At some point there was a regression.

> Is it not recomended to do in a production server?

It is not recommended.

Bye,
Alexander.

--