netatm: plan for removal unless an active maintainer is found

Milan Obuch arch at dino.sk
Wed Mar 15 15:11:27 UTC 2006

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 11:47, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <20060315104037.J5861 at fledge.watson.org>, Robert Watson writes:
> >> 	an, awi, cm, cnw, cs, en, ex, fatm, ie, lnc, patm, fea, fpa,
> >> 	mn, ray, sbni, sbsh, snc, tx, wl, xe, ar, sr, plip
>
> When I last asked about interest in the mn driver, Milan Obuch said
> that they were shipping current products based on this chip, but I
> have not heard anything since.

There is no replacement for mn driver, AFAIK, and that was my objection when
phk asked for removal of mn sources. I have no idea what does it mean to
change this driver to be MPSAFE, but with some guidance I can try it.
Actually we are using somehow modified mn driver supporting both original
MUNICH based card with framer and X21 card based on MUNICH chip (special
design by Hungarian company, see http://www.itc.hu).

From the list mentioned above I would like to see plip driver kept in sources
in the future too, I found it usefull couple of times already, when no other
driver functioned, and for testing purposes as well.

Regards,
Milan