Import src/sys/sys/hash.h from OpenBSD/NetBSD

Christian Kratzer ck-lists at cksoft.de
Tue Mar 14 17:46:02 UTC 2006

Hi,

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006, Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:

> Andre Oppermann <andre at freebsd.org> writes:
>> Florent Thoumie <flz at xbsd.org> writes:
>>> FYI (if you're not reading -ports or -net), I just sent a prototype for
>>> the openospfd port.
>> Cool, thanks!  I'm happy if you maintain the port as I've never done a port
>> before.
>
> IMHO, Open{BGP,OSPF}D belong in src/contrib, not in ports/net.

please don't bloat the base system with something that can run
equally well from ports.  Else other people will for example want
a full blown openldap in the base just so that we can run nsswitch-ldap.

Ports are far better at tracking and keeping up to date with fast
moving complex third party packages than base.

Greetings
Christian

Christian Kratzer                       ck at cksoft.de
CK Software GmbH                        http://www.cksoft.de/
Phone: +49 7452 889 135                 Fax: +49 7452 889 136