Import src/sys/sys/hash.h from OpenBSD/NetBSD

Gleb Smirnoff glebius at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 14 12:50:39 UTC 2006

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 01:42:54PM +0100, Andre Oppermann wrote:

A> > F> I'd be more than happy to see them in src/contrib.
A> >
A> > Me too.
A> >
A> > Question to Andre: what do we need to merge/add to our kernel to
A> > run OpenBGPd+OpenOSPFd with all their features?
A>
A> Two more things I want to commit later today.  One is the addition of
A> strtonum() to libc and the other is a small change to the routing socket to
A> make it possible to change just the flags on a route instead of replacing
A> the entire route.  That's it to get all standard functionality running.

Good!

A> Beyond that we have to fix our IPSEC API (I'm not sure whose fault it is,
A> but Open- and FreeBSD are not fully compatible) and we have to finish the
A> TCPMD5 support in the kernel.

Yes, I remember about TCP MD5.

What about choosing route using administrative distance of the protocol? Does
this feature exist in Open(BSD+BGPdOSPFd)? Is it possible OSPF and BGP to
inject same route into kernel, and kernel prefers the OSPF one until it
is present, and then switches to BGP? This is what we have in zebra, where
the zebra daemon performs this task - choosing between routes originated
from different protocols. Since OpenBSD doesn't have this intermediate
daemon, I guess they do the choosing process in kernel. Is this correct or
I mistake?

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE