Subversion? (Re: HEADS UP: Importing csup into base)

Mathieu Arnold mat at FreeBSD.org
Sat Mar 4 14:00:24 PST 2006

+-Le 04/03/2006 22:34 +0100, Stijn Hoop a dit :
| On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 10:29:55PM +0100, Ollivier Robert wrote:
|> According to Stijn Hoop:
|> > but it's possible that there's a better fit for the project. But like
|> > Robert wrote, someone will have to set up a real repository etc. before
|> > anyone can knowledgeably comment on the use for the FreeBSD project.
|>
|> Check out http://hg.fr.freebsd.org/ for Mercurial repos of the FreeBSD
|> CVS ones.
|
| Yeah, I saw that earlier in the thread. However it appears to only
| contain -CURRENT; I would think that it's actually doable to create a
| Subversion -CURRENT mirror too right now (not easy though).
|
| The real problems appear while converting and tracking all the
| releases, security branches, vendor branches and other weirdness in
| the CVS repository.

It contains only current because of mainly lack of time, and lack of, hum,
people asking for something else. I's mainly as a proof of concept, even
though I use it from time to time.

--
Mathieu Arnold