Subversion? (Re: HEADS UP: Importing csup into base)

Stijn Hoop stijn at win.tue.nl
Sat Mar 4 13:34:28 PST 2006

On Sat, Mar 04, 2006 at 10:29:55PM +0100, Ollivier Robert wrote:
> According to Stijn Hoop:
> > but it's possible that there's a better fit for the project. But like
> > Robert wrote, someone will have to set up a real repository etc. before
> > anyone can knowledgeably comment on the use for the FreeBSD project.
>
> Check out http://hg.fr.freebsd.org/ for Mercurial repos of the FreeBSD CVS
> ones.

Yeah, I saw that earlier in the thread. However it appears to only
contain -CURRENT; I would think that it's actually doable to create a
Subversion -CURRENT mirror too right now (not easy though).

The real problems appear while converting and tracking all the
releases, security branches, vendor branches and other weirdness in
the CVS repository.

--Stijn

--
I wish there was a knob on the TV to turn up the intelligence.  There's a knob
called `brightness', but it doesn't work."