BSDStats - What is involved ... ?

Peter Jeremy peterjeremy at optushome.com.au
Sat Aug 26 11:42:21 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-Aug-25 23:36:12 -0300, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>In getting this into the base system itself?  Opt-in, default turned off,
>of course, but maybe as an option in sysinstall to be enabled easily?

I'd prefer to have it as an easily installed port/package (within
sysinstall) rather than in the base system.

I also feel that the existing implementation has a fairly serious
defect: It only works on systems that have a direct connection to the
Internet.  This means that I can install it on my systems at home
(where I have a transparent proxy) but not on the twenty (or so)
systems that I manage at work - which either have no Internet access
or require an authenticated proxy for Internet access.

--
Peter Jeremy