remove rid pointer (but not rid)...

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Thu Apr 20 16:44:51 UTC 2006

In message: <3731.1145513558 at critter.freebsd.dk>
            "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk at phk.freebsd.dk> writes:
: In message <20060419.165709.22017808.imp at bsdimp.com>, "M. Warner Losh" writes:
:
: >This will, of course, be a big undertaking in the tree.  There are
: >1216 instances of the string 'alloc_resource'  Every single one of
: >them will need to change in some way.
:
: Most of them could beneficially change to use bus_alloc_resources(),
: thereby improving the code (there are far too many bugs in the error
: handling) and at the same time cutting the 1216 in half or further
: down.

Agreed.  I think I made that point a little later in my post.  The big
difficulty here is testing the driver after the changes to make sure
that no unintended bugs have been introduced.

Warner