[REVIEW/TEST] polling(4) changes

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Fri Sep 30 11:13:42 PDT 2005

On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 08:03:02PM +0400, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
+> On Fri, Sep 30, 2005 at 04:40:00PM +0400, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
+> T>   [please, follow-up on net@ only]
+> T>
+> T>   Colleagues,
+> T>
+> T>   here are some patches for review.
+>
+> I have some changes to patch after last compile, and haven't tested them
+> befire sending patch. Here is an updated one.

BTW. Not compiling in DEVICE_POLLING has any advantages except few bytes
smaller kernel?
I wonder if we could drop yet another kernel option and just set
kern.poll.enable to 0 by default.
If adding DEVICE_POLLING to the kernel doesn't cost additional locking, etc.
in network data flow paths (which could lead to performance impact in some
specific environments) can we just compile the code in always?