kern/85503: panic: wrong dirclust using msdosfs in RELENG_6

Nat Lanza nlanza at premodern.org
Wed Sep 7 17:59:30 PDT 2005

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> Even on very fast storage media, fsck would take for ever and you
> wouldn't be able to run it in parallel.

This is not a bullet-proof assumption -- there are certainly distributed
filesystems out there which implement parallel fsck already, and I
expect the number of them to only increase with time.

It's not realistic to implement >4G files on a local-disk filesystem
anytime soon, but there are already users who expect to be able to do so
on distributed / clustered systems.

--nat