802.11 status and futures

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Sep 5 11:16:05 PDT 2005

In message: <20050904174016.GI65522 at voodoo.oberon.net>
            Kirill Ponomarew <krion at voodoo.oberon.net> writes:
: On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 10:01:44AM -0700, Sam Leffler wrote:
: > The ath driver is the best example to work from to understand how a wide
: > variety of features work.  Some cards with more intelligence may require
: > some tweaks at the net80211 level (e.g. to disable functionality that is
: > implemented in the device).
:
: BTW, any chance to fix my problems with ath on HP Compaq nx9005,
: which I described on freebsd-mobile@ ?  Warner suspected there are
: cbb problems, I would provide the access to the notebook for fixing
: it, but it seems nobody is interested :(

Yes.  I've not had the head space to go after this set of problems.
I've been trying to finalize some other pccard/cardbus changes in
head/my p4 tree so I can get them into 6.0.  After that, I plan on
attacking cbb issues.  Sorry for the delay.

After looking at your traceback again, I don't think that there's a
cbb problem in there that's affecting you (the interrupt storm is a
problem, and should be fixed, but it clearly isn't keeping you from
probing/attaching/powering up).

Warner