Consoles, past and future.

Stefan Bethke stb at lassitu.de
Fri Sep 2 14:30:55 PDT 2005

Am 02.09.2005 um 18:55 schrieb Marcel Moolenaar:

> This allows us to not display the boot probe gobbledegook so that
> we can present
> the end-user with a nice logo[...]

I know that Marcel actually qualified this statement, but I'd still
like point out this common misconception.

People are interested in receiving information that is useful to
them.  Being informed about startup progress is useful information;
most people (me included) just don't care about the details.  (Unless
I'm trying to debug a problem.)  A "nice logo" has nothing to do with
it.  As Marcel points out, there should be a mechanism that serves
more than one purpose.  F'up to -chat...

Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb at lassitu.de>   Fon +49 170 346 0140