[CFR] correct type of addrinfo.ai_addrlen and netent.n_net

Hajimu UMEMOTO ume at freebsd.org
Tue May 31 11:00:32 PDT 2005

Hi,

>>>>> On Tue, 31 May 2005 18:57:09 +0200
>>>>> Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des at des.no> said:

des> As PAM maintainer, I strongly object.
des> What do we gain from removing the padding?  Is there even a single
des> practical benefit to doing so?

Perhaps, nothing.
It breaks only 64 bit arch.  I think 64 bit arch will deployed more
aftertime.  If we plan to fix this up in the future, it is better to
fix as soon as possible, IMHO.

In anyway, there is one more issue in my patch.  We cannot correct 1st
argument of getnetbyaddr(3) without breaking ABI compatibility.
Fortunately, getnetbyaddr(3) is not refered else where in our
libraries.  So, I'll fix getnetbyaddr(3).

Sincerely,