MPSAFE CAM? (was: RE: Remaining system calls to make MPSAFE -- NTP, VFS, AIO, linux/etc)

Daniel Eriksson daniel_k_eriksson at telia.com
Sat May 28 10:01:04 PDT 2005

I'm sorry to hijack your thread Robert, but I just wanted to hear if there
is any progress in making CAM (and the individual card drivers) MPSAFE?

FreeBSD is mainly used for servers, where SCSI is pretty common. To me it
seems like locking down CAM would be beneficial to a large number of FreeBSD
users.

I don't have the knowledge or time to do any real work on this myself, but I
should be able to help test patches.

/Daniel Eriksson