Bug in #! processing - One More Time

Garance A Drosihn drosih at rpi.edu
Mon May 16 21:25:18 PDT 2005

At 12:45 PM -0400 5/13/05, Garance A Drosihn wrote:

>Note that I'm not just "running this through buildworld".  That's
>how all the previous changes were tested, too.  I have a whole
>battery of tests that I've been slogging through.

Scanning through /usr/src, the following scripts *might* have problems
with this change we agreed on, depending on how they are used:

./contrib/ipfilter/rules/BASIC.NAT=:
		#!/sbin/ipnat -f -
./contrib/ipfilter/rules/BASIC_1.FW:
		#!/sbin/ipf -f -
./contrib/ipfilter/rules/BASIC_2.FW:
		#!/sbin/ipf -f -
./contrib/ntp/scripts/monitoring/ntptrap:
		#!/local/bin/perl --*-perl-*-
./sys/conf/makeLINT.sed:
		#!/usr/bin/sed -E -n -f
./tools/regression/ia64/unaligned/unaligned.t:
		#!/usr/bin/env perl -w
./tools/tools/backout_commit/backout_commit.rb:
		#!/usr/bin/env ruby -w

I don't think any of these are serious, but it's nice to find them
ahead of the change instead of after the fact.  I will probably be
out of town for Tuesday and part of Wednesday.  And I imagine I'll
spend part of Thursday "in a galaxy far-far away", even though the
first two episodes were incredibly lame. But I do still expect to
commit the change sometime later this week, unless someone objects.

But since this is change somewhat more disruptive than I initially
expected, I doubt I will MFC all of these changes into 5.x-stable.

Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad at gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad at freebsd.org
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute    or  drosih at rpi.edu