A beautiful dmesg! Maybe one day?

Fafa Hafiz Krantz fteg at london.com
Tue May 10 11:18:43 PDT 2005

> > We can't just forget about it and pray for it to go away.
> >
> > This is an aesthetic violation to FreeBSD's professional image,
> > that is considered to be more important now than ever.
>
> There is no "aesthetic violation" to forget about or pray over.

I like to appreciate.
And it's easier to appreciate something that is CORRECT.

real memory  = 100663296 (96 MB)
avail memory = 93036544 (88 MB)

Looks like it's been written by some Linux geek.

Real memory  = 100663296 (96 MB)
Available memory = 93036544 (88 MB)

Doesn't.

> As you suggested, I compared these with diff, ignoring the gratuitous
> spacing modification using "diff -b".
>
> In the end, I don't think I can consider even one of your changes to
> be an improvement.  The closest you came to a useful change was the
> capitalisation of "Real memory", but that's hardly necessary, and
> the accompanying change to the next line upsets the formatting.

Ofcourse it doesn't improve the functionality.
And I get the feeling that's what you're all about.

> In short, I think you should find some other way to pretty up your FreeBSD
> boot.  As suggested earlier, try "man splash".

Again, I want it to look correct.

--

Fafa Hafiz Krantz
  Research Designer @ http://www.home.no/barbershop