/usr/portsnap vs. /var/db/portsnap

Ceri Davies ceri at submonkey.net
Sun Aug 7 11:12:49 GMT 2005

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 03:35:09AM -0700, Colin Percival wrote:
> Xin LI wrote:
> > It would be very important
> > to set up mirror in the mainland China, as the network here is divided
> > into three networks, with poor interconnection.  Moreover, many
> > universities will have to pay expensive bandwidth fee if the only
> > server is not located in the mainland China, which is quite discouraging
> > when you advocate something in the universities.
>
> Mirrors can be set up; please contact me for details after I add portsnap
> to the base system (there's not much point until then).

I think it would be important to have the FreeBSD.org cluster capable of
distributing portsnap builds, and at least have portsnap.FreeBSD.org be
the hostname used, before portsnap is brought into the base system.
It isn't nice to say, but if anything were to happen to you...

Ceri
not sure about the former.			  -- Einstein (attrib.)