better MTU support...

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Sun Sep 5 22:04:37 PDT 2004

In a recent experiment w/ Jumbo frames, I found out that sending ip
frames completely ignores the MTU set on host routes.  This makes it
difficult (or next to impossible) to support a network that has both
regular and jumbo frames on it as you can't restrict some hosts to the
smaller frames.

I now have a patch to ip_output that makes it obay the MTU set on the
route instead of that of the interface.

Please review: http://people.FreeBSD.org/~jmg/ip_mtu.diff

Thanks.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579