HEADSUP: HZ=1000 by default on i386

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Thu Nov 4 00:44:48 PST 2004

We increasingly need better granularity in our sleep/wakeup calls and
things like device polling and trafic shaping needs higher granularity
in particular.

So pending any really good arguments to the contrary I plan to increase
HZ to 1000 on i386 this weekend.

You can still define any HZ value you like in your kernel config file
or even set it from the loader.