Move /usr/sup to /var/db/sup?

John Polstra jdp at polstra.com
Sat May 22 11:18:06 PDT 2004

On 21-May-2004 Garance A Drosihn wrote:
> I have no idea if that is why someone went with /usr/sup in
> the example supfiles, though.

I do. :-)  That was the location in the original supfiles used by the
old "sup" utility that CVSup replaced.  When I first released CVSup
I made it so that people could use their old supfiles unmodified --
simply because I wanted it to be as easy as possible to switch to
CVSup so a lot of people would try it out.

I agree that /usr/sup is a lousy place for the metadata, and that
something under /var/db would be a lot more sensible.

John