CFD: XMLification of NOTES

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Mar 30 21:48:08 PST 2004

In message <20040331054419.GA44221 at xor.obsecurity.org>, Kris Kennaway writes:

>Don't change the topic.  XML is not required for any of that, and
>someone could just as easily write those tools without it.  Similarly,
>it's just as wrong to assume that changing to XML will magically cause
>all these tools to appear.

It is true that XML is not required, but XML is the format chosen
by the developer who has actually spent time on this, so I don't
think you have a particularly strong voice to critize his choice
unless you plan to spend your own time working on this issue.

Why the f**k are we so quick to shoot our own developers in the
back in this project ?