posix ps (was Re: Adding `pgrep' and `pkill' to /usr/bin)

Albert Cahalan albert at users.sf.net
Fri Mar 26 17:22:32 PST 2004

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 20:05, Julian Elischer wrote:
> On 26 Mar 2004, Albert Cahalan wrote:

> > > why not :)
> >
> > Great. Unless people object, I'll wipe the Cc: list for this.
>
> Not objecting, but just making sure who is in this before it goes away..
> 1/ Linux ps maintainer.?

yes (me)

> 2/ Someone fro FreeBSD with interest in ps?

yes (Cyrille Lefevre)

> 3/ anyone else?

None yet. Do you happen to know the right people
at any of the UNIX(R) shops?

Rough idea of direction:

1. get some wiki-like thing for editing a document
2. define a fair "extended ps" compromise
3. based on that, patch the SUSv3 ps specification
4. get Linux, one BSD, one SysV, and one OSF/1 to conform
5. get some of the changes into SUSv4 (deadline?)