FreeBSD support Platform

Gordon Tetlow gordon at freebsd.org
Tue Mar 23 10:43:53 PST 2004

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 05:57:38PM +0800, JAMES WANG wrote:
> Dear
>
> I am james wang working at IBM Taiwan. Need you support one question :
>
> Dose FreeBSD support on IBM xSeries ( Intel Xeon Based  Dual processor ) ?
> what version ?

This is best sent to -questions. -arch is for architecture questions.

Although I haven't personally tested it, I suspect the IBM xSeries servers
will work fine. The question comes down to driver support for things like
the network card.

That said, the best way to find out is to attempt an install on one and
report your results (I'm assuming you have access to hardware if you
work for IBM).

-gordon