How to use Kernel level mutex in FreeBSD 4.8

jitendra pande jpande_techinfo at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 05:32:12 PST 2004

Hi,

I am trying to use kernle level mutex in my driver for FreeBSD 4.8.  I tried searching for kernel level mutex but couldn't find any information on the same.

The kernel level mutex functions mtx_lock(..), mutex(..), mtx_init(..) and other mtx_ functions are available from FreeBSD 5.0 onwards and not in FreeBSD 4.8.

Kindly adavice me how should i proceed.

Also is there anything like Gaint lock in FreeBSD 4.8. If so then how can i use it.

Any early reply will be of great help.

Thanks in advance
Jitendra