Another conformance question... This time fputs().

Andrey Chernov ache at nagual.pp.ru
Tue Mar 2 03:10:27 PST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 02:04:59AM -0800, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:
> errno = 9, rc = -1
> fwrite errno = 9, rc = 0
>
> Just to save you the grepping, errno #9 is EBADF, "bad file number".

They are right. According to POSIX for fwrite(), fputs(), fputc():

[EBADF] The file descriptor underlying stream is not a valid file
descriptor open for writing.

> In both cases, we get EACCES for fputs() or fwrite() attempts on a

There is no EACCES in POSIX for this functions. Please don't reinvent the
wheel.

The next almost matching candidate for this functions is only:

[ENXIO] A request was made of a nonexistent device, or the request was
outside the capabilities of the device.

--
Andrey Chernov | http://ache.pp.ru/