[REVIEW] move tty lock/initial up in the stack

Marcel Moolenaar marcel at xcllnt.net
Sun Jun 20 17:57:42 GMT 2004

On Sun, Jun 20, 2004 at 10:50:00AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> Of course I'm reimplementing the Cyclades Z driver to try to use
> uart, which is why I'm getting curious.  I don't know if this will
> wind up working or not, but since 95% of the hardware interface is two
> circular buffers in memory, which does seem to map mostly onto
> Marcel's model.  Time will tell...  I also have porting the stallion
> driver to current.  I can do this by a simple hack on the old driver,
> or a rewrite.  I'll use my Z experience to decide.

You probably want to review my uart(4) notes WRT multiport cards:
	http://wiki.daemon.li/index.pl?Uart(4)

This may or may not align with your thinking. If not, maybe we
should quickly touch bases...

PS: I just added cyclades to the list of references there. Feel free
    to add more or replace this with a better one.

 Marcel Moolenaar	  USPA: A-39004		 marcel at xcllnt.net