dev_t / udev_t confusion ?

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Wed Jun 9 15:56:03 GMT 2004

In message <53993.1086779790 at critter.freebsd.dk>, Poul-Henning Kamp writes:

>The change proposed is more or less to do:
>	s/dev_t/struct cdev */
>	s/udev_t/dev_t/
>over all the kernel sources (366 files or so).

Looks like a "yea" so far, so I have a couple of follow-up questions:

	struct cdev currently has members named si_* because it
	used to be called "specinfo", do we want to change that
	inconsistency at the same time ? (either by reverting to
	the specinfo name or by changing to a cd_ prefix ?

	cdevsw->ioctl() takes a caddr_t pointer argument which
	really should be a void *, do we want to change that
	as well (since it is all the same files we'll have to
	change).