Change to "kludge option processing" in /bin/ps

Cyrille Lefevre clefevre-lists at 9online.fr
Sun Jun 6 15:45:06 GMT 2004

"Garance A Drosihn" <drosih at rpi.edu> wrote:
> At 10:13 PM +0200 6/3/04, Cyrille Lefevre wrote:
[snip]
> frankly, polishing off the error-messages for INVALID input is not
> high on my list of priorities right now.  It just isn't.  And no,
> it would not be trivial to "just drop in" the massive update you
> had written (particularly when parts of it don't seem to work for
> me).

it seems to be massive because I've moved the getopt loop from the
the main function to the parseopts one and also because I rewrote the
keyword table. appart than this, the rest of the patch isn't so big.

>  From my point of view, I've gone more than a month without replies
> to email that I sent when I was eager to follow up on some of your
> work.  Eventually I decided to just go ahead.  I'm still interested,
> but not interested enough to throw out the updates I have been
> testing just so I can start over from scratch.

well, in one of the followed messages, you said the sysctl nodes where
missing, humm! I'm surprised, but you are right, sorry.
I'll submit an all in one patch set from scratch (cvs diff) instead of
incremental ones, so, I'm sure I'll not forget something for a reason
or another.

> Once I get my upcoming changes to newsyslog sorted out, then I will
> drop back to working on my upcoming changes to `ps'.  Any other

what kind of changes ?

> minor parsing issues will be fixed as time permits.  I'm just a
> volunteer here, I am afraid I only have a little spare time that

as I am.

> I can spend on freebsd.

so, why don't you take some time to see ontributions instead of
writing stuff from scratch !

CC gad

Cyrille Lefevre.
home: mailto:cyrille.lefevre at laposte.net