some PRs

Pawel Jakub Dawidek pjd at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 27 09:50:04 PDT 2004

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 12:36:48PM -0400, Sergey Babkin wrote:
+> If you run a test in which you know the program must fail (such
+> as writing to /dev/full) yet it does not, this means that there
+> is abug in the program.

And what if I've more than one write() on this descriptor and first
write() check works fine, how can I check other writes()?

Really, it is not worth new device.

If you want to use something like this, it should go into /usr/src/tools/
not into /usr/src/sys/ and it should gives us much more than that.
For example in gnop(8) I'm allowing to specify a failure probability,
so you can test failures handling much better (not only first one).

Are there any other places where it could be helpful?

--
Pawel Jakub Dawidek                       http://www.FreeBSD.org
pjd at FreeBSD.org                           http://garage.freebsd.pl