some PRs

Sergey Babkin babkin at bellatlantic.net
Tue Jul 27 09:36:47 PDT 2004

Peter Jeremy wrote:

> [ /dev/full ]
> On Mon, 2004-Jul-26 19:49:18 -0400, Sergey Babkin wrote:
> >I'm about a week behind :-) but here are my 2 cents: it's a VERY useful
> >device for testing.
>
> Maybe.  There are lots of other error numbers that are equally useful
> for testing.  If you really want a way to inject known errors into

I think any one error is good enough. Especially that EPERM and
ENOENT would be returned from open(), not write().

> Overall, IMHO, the benefits are minimal and don't warrant the effort
> of implementing and maintaining the code.

Oh, come on: the code is already implemented by someone and requires
zero maintenance. I mean, when was the last time someone touched
the implementation of /dev/null? BTW, probably an easy
implementation would be to just add one more minor to the null
driver.

-SB