kldunload DIAGNOSTIC idea...

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Jul 20 11:20:26 PDT 2004

I'm pulling hair out trying to make it guaranteed safe to unload device
driver modules, and the major pain here is to make sure there is no
thread stuck somewhere inside the code.

That gave me the idea for a simple little DIAGNOSTIC check for kldunload:
run through the proc/thread table and look for any thread with an
instruction counter inside the range of pages we are going to unload.

Any takers ?