some PRs

Robert Millan zeratul2 at wanadoo.es
Sun Jul 18 06:33:28 PDT 2004

On Sat, Jul 17, 2004 at 08:15:54PM -0700, David O'Brien wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 10:08:48PM +0200, Nicolas Souchu wrote:
> > Patchs like:
> > http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=68961
>
> What in the world is this patch (ie, /dev/full) for??
> I just don't see the point in /dev/full.  Could you please give some good
> examples of its use?

I think it's useful for compatibility.

> Also what "Un*x OSes" besides Linux has this?

Asides Linux, I only know of the Hurd providing it. But there might be
other kernels.

--
Robert Millan

"[..] but the delight and pride of Aule is in the deed of making, and in the
thing made, and neither in possession nor in his own mastery; wherefore he
gives and hoards not, and is free from care, passing ever on to some new work."

 -- J.R.R.T., Ainulindale (Silmarillion)