newbus ioport usage

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Mon Jan 26 17:20:15 PST 2004

In message: <20040126165523.W30461 at root.org>
            Nate Lawson <nate at root.org> writes:
: Ok, I'm doing the set/alloc and it works.  However, one weird thing.  If I
: allocate all ports at boot time, it succeeds.  My driver goes through
: multiple release/allocate cycles and it all works as expected.  However if
: I boot and attach to only one of the registers, subsequent attempts to
: attach the second one fail.  The resources are 2 IO ports, 0x101c and
: 0x101d.  Both are 1 byte.

Deos devinfo -r show any cause for the problem?  Maybe you aren't
releasing them properly?  Also, why not allocate them as a block of 2?

Warner