FreeBSD's Visual Identity: Outdated?

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Fri Dec 24 17:44:23 PST 2004

Chris wrote:
> Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
>
>> Chris <racerx at makeworld.com> writes:

>>> Not really - Some years back MS made a big issue about CSS. It was
>>> then that I lost interest in web devel. Besides - web devel isn't my
>>> bag, so I really don't think that I need to have or get a clue.
>>

>> CSS is a W3 standard, but was originally designed by the CTO of Opera
>> Software, a company which is one of Microsoft's more vocal detractors
>> and which recently received a large settlement in a lawsuit regarding
>> Microsoft's (alleged) intentional efforts to make their website render
>> poorly in Opera's browser.  IE handles CSS1 badly, and CSS2 almost not
>> at all.  Calling it a Windows thing severely misrepresents the facts.
>>

>>> One does not need to know how to rebuild an engine to know how to
>>> drive the car.
>>

>> One should not criticize the design of an engine while vehemently
>> claiming to have no interest in how enginges are built.
>>
>> DES
>

> Technically - I didn't criticize. Allow me to post verbatim;
>
> "CSS? Isnt that a bit outdated? Isnt that more a Windows thing?"
>
> Doesn't look like it to me - looks more like a query or two.
> But that's just me tho - perhaps you read something else?
>
> Perhaps too much eggnog? Perhaps not enough?

Allow me to end this with this thought, if there is any doubt that what
I asked was indeed a question (opposed to a statement of fact as DES
seems to say ("Calling it a Windows thing severely misrepresents the
facts"))

Here is a quote from Dictionary.com on Question -
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=question
    1. An expression of inquiry that invites or calls for a reply.
    2. An interrogative sentence, phrase, or gesture.

In addition, that little thing at the then of the line (?) also defines
it as the above mentioned.

--
Best regards,
Chris