Adding standalone RSA code

Tim Robbins tjr at freebsd.org
Fri Dec 10 01:24:08 PST 2004

On Thu, Dec 09, 2004 at 08:58:27PM -0800, Colin Percival wrote:
>   I'd like to add a new library for lightweight barebones RSA
> computations, and associated commandline rsa-makekey, rsa-sign,
> and rsa-verify utilities.

This sounds good to me. I recently found myself writing a similarly
stripped-down library for performing RSA signatures due to licensing
problems with OpenSSL (obnoxious advertising clauses, GPL incompatibility).

Can you be a little more specific about what your library supports? What
format does it expect keys to be in? What format does it store signatures in?

Tim