[HEADSUP] IPX and NWFS to be killed in -current.

Scott Long scottl at freebsd.org
Mon Dec 6 02:15:23 PST 2004

Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> We are aiming 6.X at production readiness around start of 2006.
>
> By that time IPX and NWFS are not really interesting and nobody
> seems to be interested in doing the SMPng work on them.
>
> I propose we remove them from -current before the 6.x freeze starts
> next spring.

Are these getting in the way of current work?  We have shims in place to
make at least IPX operate correctly without explicit locking.  Saying
that they are old and not used by people who read arch@ isn't a
compelling argument to remove them.  If they are getting in the way of
current work, then it would be much friendlier to ask for help rather
than summarily announcing their doom.

Scott