RFC: NO_FOO knobs in make.conf

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Sep 9 08:34:28 PDT 2003

In message: <20030909153039.GA942 at rot13.obsecurity.org>
            Kris Kennaway <kris at obsecurity.org> writes:
: On Sat, Sep 06, 2003 at 04:42:12AM -0400, Daniel Eischen wrote:
: > On Fri, 5 Sep 2003, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: >
: > > In message: <20030905140628.H90946 at 12-234-22-23.pyvrag.nggov.pbz>
: > >             Doug Barton <DougB at freebsd.org> writes:
: > > : Once we get general consensus (not universal agreement :) on this, I'll
: > > : take responsibility for marshaling the aforementioned volunteer
: > > : resources.
: > >
: > > I'd just do it.  we've already talked this to death.  Lots of people
: > > want it, some don't.  Every time we talk about it, that's the
: > > outcome.  Let's just do it and get on with our lives.
: >
: > Or change all the NO*, NO_* to WANT_* and default them to yes.
:
: That would be inconsistent with the ports tree.

I liked the NetBSD approach, once Bruce mentioned it, but thought I'd
wait to see what people came up with before getting into things too
much at length.

Warner