RFC: NO_FOO knobs in make.conf

Devon H. O'Dell dodell at sitetronics.com
Sun Sep 7 04:02:22 PDT 2003

Regarding point 1: To me, the following would make sense:

FREEBSD_IS_GOOD (in place of FREE_BSD_IS_GOOD -- FreeBSD qualifies as a
word; it's a proper noun)
DES_IS_OLD/3DES_IS_NEWER/RIJNDAEL_256_IS_BETTER

I also don't see the point in backwards compatibility for something like
this.

Also, there are a few things in rc.conf that also could be separated
(defaultrouter, for instance). I think if we're going to be anal about
being consistent, we should be consistent through all the config files.

My $0.02.

--Devon