Make long ddb not suck

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Wed Jul 30 14:43:30 PDT 2003

answering to myself again....

The main use I have for 'ps' in ddb is when I get a 'hang' and I can get
into ddb I use it to try idientify what everything is sleeping on..
if we make ps only show processes then I'd have to do:

'ps'
"oh there are 7 KDE/Gnome threaded processess."
get paper..
write down pids
show threads pid xxx1
show threads pid xxx2
show threads pid xxx3
show threads pid xxx4
show threads pid xxx5
show threads pid xxx6
show threads pid xxx7

to see what everything is waiting on.
which is a pain in the neck (particularly when hunting around the
machine room looking for a pen and paper)

maybe a switch or another command that shows all the wait channels?