Make long ddb not suck

John Baldwin jhb at FreeBSD.org
Wed Jul 30 14:08:47 PDT 2003

I have a patch that adds a simple paging facility to ddb at the
db_printf() level using a one-shot callback mechanism.  It includes
a simple paging callback that rearms itself based on the users
input (space does another page, enter another line).  I've used this
facility to replace the hand-rolled paging in 'ps', 'show pci', and
'show ktr'.  The patch is at http://www.FreeBSD.org/~jhb/patches/ddb.patch

Comments?

Also, I notice that we have a 'show threads' command commented out from
the original Mach sources.  I think we should change 'ps' back to just
showing simple process info (and hopefully back to 80 cols) and only
print thread info for 'show threads'.  Maybe show threads should take a
PID as the argument?

Thus, one would have:

db> ps
1  blah blah sleeping on "foo"