4.x mbuf binary compatibility; can it be broken?

Matthew Dillon dillon at apollo.backplane.com
Tue Jul 15 09:59:53 PDT 2003

:> How does it get 255+ references?
:
:I don't know exactly at this point.  I can reproduce the situation at will
:with (in kernel) test code, but I don't know what exactly causes it in the
:wild.
:
:Given that increasing the ref count limit is so easy, I was hoping to
:avoid spending time tracking down one degenerate case. :)
:
:Mike "Silby" Silbersack

    If you just put a KASSERT() in for the 'reached 255' case the backtrace
    will have a good chance of containing the likely culprit.

						-Matt