CFR: dynamically-linked root patch
gordont at gnf.org
Mon Aug 11 23:55:01 PDT 2003
I've put up what I hope to be my final patch for a dynamically linked
world. Here's my plan for rolling it into place with as little fuss
as possible (hopefully):
1) Add /lib and /libexec to mtree along with the tweaks to rtld-elf
to prepend /lib to the search path. Add necessary make-goo to
strap /lib into buildworld.
2) Make rtld installed into /libexec with a compatibility symlink in
/usr/libexec so existing binaries continue to work.
3) Kick over all the libraries needed to run /bin and /sbin into
/lib. Only the versioned binaries will be in /lib, the .so
symlink will continue to live in /usr/lib so the toolchain
doesn't need to be modified.
4) Add support of a WITH_DYNAMICROOT knob that will make /bin and
/sbin dynamic. If things go badly, that's what /rescue is for.
5) Optionally, make WITH_DYANMICROOT default (reverse the logic
Please look over this patch, if I don't hear any objections or any
ideas as to a better way to integrate in order to keep the
potential for foot shooting down, I'll start integrating them.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 187 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-arch/attachments/20030811/00f6d515/attachment.bin
More information about the freebsd-arch