[FreeBSD-rc] Re: RFC: Removal of the old rc system from -curr ent

Long, Scott Scott_Long at adaptec.com
Mon Apr 28 14:46:19 PDT 2003

Ok, let me modify and clarify my statement:

I no longer feel that keeping rcOG around in a deprecated state
for 5.1 is a requirement.  However:

1.  Doug should work out appropriate release documentation with
    Bruce Mah that notes the removal of rcOG in 5.1, what the
    benefits of rcNG is, and any transition steps neede by
    users and developers.
2.  The issue of /etc/netstart should be addressed.  If it truly
    provides unique functionality that is both useful and does
    not exist in rcNG, then that needs to be addressed before 5.1.

Scott